Experience A’zwa, an Impressive traditional Omani celebration taking place during Eid Al Adha.
- 3:30 pm: Men parade through the main street of Fanja, singing while making their way uphill to the main square of the old Fort.
- 4:00 pm: Canon firing (One time)
- 4:15 pm: Traditional Sword-Dancing & Singing
- 6:00 pm: End of the event
- Location: Fanja – Fanja Fort
- Duration: 2.5 hours.
- Dresscode: Descent & Sober.
- There is No gunfire during A’zwa, despite men are all carring swords, guns & riffles. Royale Omani Police (ROP) has prohibited to Fire guns in the air.
- A ephemeral market is set for the event, selling some snacks (Sweet corn,…),
- Bring Water with you, they may run out of water on the ephemeral market.
- Please note that you are not supposed to dance without being invited to. This event is a demonstration of the cultural heritage of Oman. Be respectfull.
- Do not litter, take your Garbage back with you or dispose them in a bin. Fanja is an amazing place, keep it clean!
Find more information, stories & news on our Blog.
For Information & Enquiry, Contact Us!